Apply for an alcohol and entertainment club licence

A Club Premises Certificate is very similar to a Premises Licence and the procedure and cost of getting one is basically the same. Clubs can still choose to apply for an ordinary Premises Licence if they prefer. Clubs qualifying for a Club Premises Certificate include:

  • Working men's clubs
  • Political clubs
  • Bowls clubs

Swindon Borough Council's Licensing Statement (PDF) provides a clear indication of what the Licensing Committee thinks is important (in terms of the Licensing Act 2003), and what the 'flavour' of licensing is in Swindon.

The club must be run on a non-profit basis, have at least 20 members and a short version of a Club Premises Certificate must be displayed on the premises.

The Government introduced changes to the licensing regime which took effect on 6 April 2017.

The changes are set out in the Licensing Act 2003 (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2017

Changes have been made to the forms which are used to apply for personal licences, designated premises supervisor (DPS) variations, new licences and transfer applications including others below

From 6 April 2017, any applicants applying for a Premises licence must submit further documentation to demonstrate entitlement to live and work in the UK

For further information, please contact the licensing team

How to pay

Pay for a Club Premises Certificate online

Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?

Give feedback about this page