Allowance for special guardians, adoptions or child arrangement orders

In cases where a child is placed with a family under a special guardianship, adoption or child arrangement order, the family may be able to receive an allowance towards the cost of caring for that child.

We may ask the family to complete a financial assessment to determine whether an allowance is available.

In order to calculate any allowance, we will need you to complete a financial assessment form and provide details of the household income to include evidence of:

  • benefits
  • income
  • capital
  • savings
  • investments
  • property

You will also need to tell us about any expenses you may remain liable for following your move to the care home.

You can access the online financial declaration form using the link below.

While completing the form, we will ask you to upload scanned copies of documents that provide evidence of the information you have provided. We advise you to prepare these documents in advance of completing the form.

Alternatively, you can complete the form and send the required evidence to the address or e-mail address at the bottom of the page. When sending supporting documentation via the postal service, please quote your form reference number, which you can find on the confirmation page or in your confirmation e-mail.

Start financial declaration form

SGO, CAO, Adoption Allowance contact details

Swindon Borough Council
SGO Finance Team
Civic Offices
Euclid Street


Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?

Give feedback about this page