Trading Standards advice for traders

Trading Standards are here to protect the interests of Swindon consumers and businesses.

Please contact the Trading Standards office nearest to where you live - even if the trader in question is not based there.

To find your local Trading Standards service, use the Trading Standards Central website

If you live outside the UK, then please contact the Trading Standards office nearest to the trader in question.

For consumer advice visit the Advice Guide website or call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 040506. Alternatively, contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Service via their online form.

Business advice

Businesses requiring technical advice can use our online resource:

Get Trading Standards Institute advice online

If you cannot find the answer to your enquiry, contact us at the address below. Please note that for some advice we may make a charge and we cannot give advice on civil law issues such as consumer disputes. 

Trading Standards Department
Swindon Borough Council
Wat Tyler House
Beckhampton Street

Tel: 01793 466155
Fax: 01793 466153

Passing on information

Please be aware that in some cases, it may be necessary for us to refer complaints to Trading Standards services in other areas, and/or to pass details to other enforcement agencies.

Was this information helpful?

Help us improve

Please don't include personal information such as your name and address.