Paying for residential and nursing home care

Where Swindon Borough Council has agreed to arrange care and support on your behalf, we will need to undertake a financial assessment in order to determine your contribution towards the cost of your care.

Everyone must pay toward the cost of their care and support. How much you pay will depend on your personal financial circumstances.

In order to calculate your contribution, we will need you to complete a financial assessment form (RN/1) providing details of all your benefits, income, capital, savings, investments and property. You will also need to tell us about any expenses you may remain liable for following your move to the care home. Completion guidance and details of the information required are contained within the form.

You can complete and submit a financial assessment form online using the button below:

Residential assessment form

Once you have submitted the form you will need to provide documentary evidence of all income, capital and expenses declared on the form.

Supporting documentary evidence can be sent to us by post using the address shown below. Alternatively, you can email scanned documents to:

Swindon Borough Council
Residential Assessment Team
Civic Offices
Euclid Street

The following documents may provide further information:


Was this information helpful?

Help us improve

Please don't include personal information such as your name and address.