View or comment on a planning application

The 'public access for planning' system allows you to search and view planning applications/documents  and comment on current planning applications.

You can search for planning application by using the:

  • application reference number, for example, S/14/0123
  • address, for example, Euclid Street or just postcode
  • map

You can track a planning application if you register and enter your contact details. You will also be able to view weekly or monthly lists of applications we have received.

Copyright notice

Plans, drawings and other material submitted to us are protected by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (section 47).

You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed from our website for consultation purposes, to compare current planning applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans.

Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.

Ordnance Survey maps and maps created from Ordnance Survey material are subject to Crown copyright. You may view or download this material for private and non-commercial purposes only.

Public access for planning system 

Planning records from 1970 to 1998

To view copies of public applications registered between the above dates, go to the Planning Records download.

Comment on current planning applications

To comment, you will need to register with the site by entering your contact details.

Once you have registered and made your comment, you can choose to receive an email to acknowledge this. Simply tick the box at the bottom of the online system before you submit.

Public access for planning system 

Your email address will be removed from the information published on our website. To learn more about how your personal information will be used, see our Privacy Notice.

To find out how we will deal with planning applications, see the following document:

You may also find useful information on the Planning Aid website.

Appeal process

In the event of an appeal that proceeds by way of the expedited procedure, representations made about the application will be passed to the Secretary of State.

This only applies to householder or minor commercial applications, and there will be no opportunity to make further representations.

Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?

Give feedback about this page