Apply for a local land charges search
The following are details of the services that can be provided:
- Complete local authority searches LLC1, CON29R and CON29O
- Complete Commons and Village Green CON29O Question 22
Fees for search requests
The fees for searches are detailed in the following document:
- Local land charges fees (PDF)
Please send your cheque for payment with your application. Cheques should be made payable to 'Swindon Borough Council'.
How to apply
Application forms CON 29R and CON 29O are available under licence from the Law Society website in paper and electronic format, from legal stationers such as:
- Oyez Straker
- Shaw & Sons
Swindon Borough Council is fully accountable for the full, authenticated and guaranteed information supplied in response to Forms LLC1 and CON29 'Required' or 'Optional' and will respond to any follow-up enquiry arising from an official search.
How you can help in the process
In order to help us turn your applications round in the quickest time possible, please make sure you always:
- submit two Ordnance Survey map extracts with all search requests. On all search requests please also clearly outline in red, the property or land to be searched
- identify new properties clearly by outlining in red, on an extract of the development plan (two copies please)
- check to make sure that the search is within the area covered by Swindon Borough Council. Please see the Local land charges areas and districts document (PDF), within the Borough of Swindon.
Copies of searches and documents
There is an administration charge for copies of searches and documents that are held by the Local Land Charges Service. Please contact us with your request for copies and we will advise you of the relevant fee.
Further information is available in the following documents: