Complaints about childcare

Complaints about childcare are dealt with in different ways, depending on the nature of the complaint:

To the childcare provider and/or ofsted

All registered childcare providers must have a complaints policy. Most childcare complaints are dealt with between the parent and the provider in this way.

If you have done this and your complaint is still unresolved, or if you think they should be made aware of information, you can make a complaint to Ofsted. This is only if the complaint is about a breach of Ofsted standards; Ofsted does not intervene in financial disputes. The contact number for Ofsted is 0300 123 4666 or see the Ofsted website for further information.

If you wish to complain to Ofsted and would like some additional support, please contact  us.

To Swindon Borough Council

Early Years and Childcare Services at Swindon Borough Council can provide advice and guidance if a parent:

  • has a query about early education funding, or
  • has a complex query or needs clarification about a childcare issue.

In either case please contact the Family Information Service via customer services.

If the complaint is about lack of availability of childcare, parents can complain to Swindon Borough Council using its complaints procedure – please see complaints, comments and feedback.

Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?

Give feedback about this page