Expanded retail discount scheme
In response to the Coronavirus restrictions a business rates relief scheme of 100% of the rates bill is available to businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors.
The relief will apply to occupied retail, hospitality and leisure properties during the financial year 2020/21. There is no rateable value limit on those applying for relief.
Properties qualifying for relief
Properties qualifying for relief will be occupied hereditaments that are wholly or mainly being used as:
- shops, restaurants, cafes, pubs, cinemas and live music venues
- assembly and leisure venues normally used by visiting members of the public. These include; sports facilities, gyms, museums, theatres, art galleries, nightclubs, public halls and clubhouses.
- hotels, guest and boarding houses
Properties not qualifying for relief
Properties being used for the provision of the following services will not be eligible for this relief:
- Financial Services, for example, banks and building societies
- Medical Services, for example, doctors, dentists and vets
- Professional Services, for example, solicitors and accountants
- Post office sorting offices
Applying for relief
Usually this relief is applied automatically, but if your business has not received rates relief and you believe you are eligible, contact the Council’s Business Rates Team by calling 0845 602 0146 or by email to: Swindon.email@example.com.