Holiday activities and food programme
Apply for holiday activities and food programme funding
The Department for Education (DfE) is providing funding to local authorities to coordinate a programme that provides healthy food and enriching activities to eligible children during the 2021 Easter, Summer and Christmas Holidays. This is known as the Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) Programme.
Around 4500 children across Swindon will be eligible for free holiday provision over these periods.
Places will be available at a range of holiday club providers, and offer eligible children the opportunity to attend sessions 4 hours per day for 4 days over Easter, 4 days per week over Summer and for 4 days over the Christmas holidays.
Children who take up a place at a free holiday club will have the opportunity to:
- eat more healthily over the school holidays, with a meal provided at each session
- be more active, by being involved in physical activities and a range of engaging and enriching activities to develop resilience, character and wellbeing
- be safe and not socially isolated over holiday periods
- most importantly, have fun with friends
The programme will grow over the Summer so a wider offer is available to families to access during this holiday period.
School aged children from any of the following categories are eligible to access the programme:
- Children in receipt of benefits related free school meals
- Children in need
- Child protection
- Looked after or previously looked after school aged children
How to apply
Parents or carers of eligible children are invited to apply for a place online using the form below. A check will be carried out to ensure each child’s eligibility for means tested free school meal provision and a confirmation email will be sent to be used as proof of eligibility. This email can be taken to your chosen holiday club provider direct, or for further support accessing a place, contact EY&Cbrokerage@swindon.gov.uk