How to get help and advice about domestic violence and abuse
Domestic violence is any violent or abusive behaviour used by one person to dominate and control another within a close personal or family relationship.
It can manifest itself in many ways:
- It can be physical: Beating, punching, kicking, slapping, biting or sexual assault.
- It can be emotional: Bullying, isolating from family and friends, undermining self-confidence.
- It can be verbal: Put downs, name calling, shouting.
- It can be threats: Threats to kill or harm you or another person, including children; to kill or harm pets; threats to kill themselves.
- It can be financial: Control over money; not allowing money for personal items, food or transport.
- SWA 24 hour helpline 01793 610610
- Or visit: Swindon Women’s Aid website