Find out about environmental permits

Who needs to apply for a permit?

If your activity is listed below, it is probable that you will need to apply for a permit before you can carry out that activity at your premises.

Services and activities include:

  • Petrol stations
  • Production and processing of metals
  • Energy industry
  • Animal feed compounding
  • Handling of bulk cement
  • Cremation of human remains
  • Roadstone coating
  • Mobile crushing and screening of stone, concrete etc
  • Manufacture or treatment of timber or wood based products
  • Using solvents - such as car respraying, dry cleaners, coating wood or metal

Other examples are manufacturing paper, pulp and board, making coatings, treating textiles and printing, intensive pig and poultry farming.

Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?

Give feedback about this page