Find out about environmental permits
Who needs to apply for a permit?
If your activity is listed below, it is probable that you will need to apply for a permit before you can carry out that activity at your premises.
Services and activities include:
- Petrol stations
- Production and processing of metals
- Energy industry
- Animal feed compounding
- Handling of bulk cement
- Cremation of human remains
- Roadstone coating
- Mobile crushing and screening of stone, concrete etc
- Manufacture or treatment of timber or wood based products
- Using solvents - such as car respraying, dry cleaners, coating wood or metal
Other examples are manufacturing paper, pulp and board, making coatings, treating textiles and printing, intensive pig and poultry farming.