Apply for permission to advertise a large event
You need to apply for permission to advertise a large event in the borough of Swindon.
A large event may include a:
- fireworks display
What you need to know before you apply
- You cannot advertise more than 14 days before the event starts.
- You are responsible to place an advert safely and securely.
- You need to remove the advert within seven days after the event ends.
You must not place adverts on railings at:
- Magic Roundabout
- Drakes Way
- HSBC Bank in Old Town
- Sunnyside Avenue by Kings Hill garage
You must also not place adverts on or at:
- Lamp columns
- Traffic light columns
- Pedestrian crossing columns
- Road junctions or close to road junctions
- Any place where sight line or visibility might get affected
What you’ll need
- Copy of event poster, if you have one
- Copy of organisation’s public liability insurance certificate of at least £5 million