Sexual health issues
If you are looking for help the following free, confidential services are near you.
- Free check ups for chlamydia, gonorrhoea, HIV, hepatitis, herpes, warts and syphilis.
- Free condoms and other contraceptives including the pill and long acting contraception.
- Free emergency contraception.
- Free pregnancy checks and abortion advice
If you’re under 25 and sexually active, take advantage of our free chlamydia screening via the National Chlamydia Screening website.
The Freetest.me website provides additional online Chlamydia kit ordering for Swindon residents aged 14-24 years.
For information on HIV prevention and provision for people infected and affected by HIV and AIDS, you can contact the following services:
Contraceptive and sexual health services
For youth clinics (young people 19 years or under) and all other age groups, find out what times you can drop in, or if you would prefer to make an appointment, what times you can do this.
Swindon Health Centre
Tel: 01793 428514
Support at your general practice (GP) or local pharmacy
As well as specific sexual health services in Swindon, all GPs and pharmacists will offer you support and advice on sexual health.
- List of GP's in Swindon via the NHS UK website
Great Western Hospital sexual health clinic
If you need to visit the Great Western Hospital sexual health clinic, then you have to make an appointment.
This service offers:
- free information and advice about sexual health including safer sex
- free tests and treatment for Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
- free HIV testing, treatment and care.
- free emergency contraception up to 72 hours after the event
- free condoms