Sexual health issues
If you are looking for help, the following free, confidential services are near you.
- Free check ups for chlamydia, gonorrhoea, HIV, hepatitis, herpes, warts and syphilis
- Free condoms and other contraceptives including the pill and long acting contraception
- Free emergency contraception
- Free pregnancy checks and abortion advice
If you’re under 25 and sexually active, take advantage of our free chlamydia screening via the National Chlamydia Screening website.
The Freetest.me website provides additional online Chlamydia kit ordering for Swindon residents aged 14-24 years.
For information on HIV prevention and provision for people infected and affected by HIV and AIDS, you can contact the following services:
Contraceptive and sexual health services
For youth clinics (young people 19 years or under) and all other age groups, find out what times you can drop in, or if you would prefer to make an appointment, what times you can do this.
Swindon NHS Health Centre (2nd Floor)
1 Islington Street
Tel: 01793 604038 or 01792 607870
Support at your general practice (GP) or local pharmacy
You are usually able to ask for an HIV or Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) check through your GP or by a referral into Sexual Health Services. If not they should be able to signpost you to relevant services and information on sexual health.
The pharmacies should be able to provide you with emergency contraception. The pharmacies listed on the Sexual Health Clinics Love Life website can provide young people under 25 years with free condoms.
As well as specific sexual health services in Swindon, all GPs and pharmacists will offer you support and advice on sexual health.
- GP's in Swindon are listed on the NHS UK website
Great Western Hospital sexual health clinic
If you intend to visit the Great Western Hospital sexual health clinic, you will need to make an appointment.
This service offers:
- free information and advice about sexual health including safer sex
- free tests and treatment for STIs
- online HIV and STI testing service
- free emergency contraception up to 72 hours after the event
- support from a qualified Health Advisor after a positive diagnosis