Swindon Borough Council, local health providers, voluntary organisations, breastfeeding charities and peer supporters are working together to increase the number of mothers who breastfeed in Swindon and improve the support available.
You can get help and advice with breastfeeding from your midwife, health visitor or NCT breastfeeding counsellor. There are also breastfeeding support groups in Swindon called Breastmates. These are informal drop-in groups where breastfeeding mothers can meet other like-minded mums for a drink, chat and if needed, gain support with breastfeeding. The groups are run by a mix of health professionals, breastfeeding counsellors and peer supporters (mothers who have breastfed and received training). For more details see our Breastmates webpage.
The following contact details may also provide you with further support.
- Health Visitor Services webpage
- National breastfeeding helpline -Tel: 0300 100 0212
- La Leche league - Tel: 0845 120 2918
- NCT (formerly National Childbirth Trust) - Tel: 0300 330 0771
- Helen Smith, Infant Feeding Co-ordinator - Tel: 07584 151276 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following video may also provide useful information: