Benefit Cap

What can you do to stop the cap affecting you

The best way to make sure the cap doesn’t affect you is to either find work or increase your hours so that you qualify for Working Tax Credit (WTC).

If you rent from a private landlord, you may be able to negotiate your rent to a more affordable amount, or you could consider moving to cheaper accommodation, if available.

Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?

Give feedback about this page