Household Support Fund

Household support fund logo

The Household Support Fund has been provided by the Department for Work and Pensions to support those most in need in the Borough of Swindon. The funding can help households with the cost of food, energy and wider essentials. This funding covers the period 1 April 2024 to 30 September 2024.

Some of this funding is allocated directly to eligible households while some will be distributed to local partners to help people using their services. Some examples of what the funding in Swindon is being used for are:

  • food vouchers for eligible families during school holidays
  • funding for local organisations to help residents with food and energy bill support

You do not need to apply to the council for much of this support as recipients are either automatically identified or will access the support through specific partners.

How do I qualify for the Household Support Fund?

The Household Support Fund Application Fund is currently closed to new applications.

A high number of applications have been received and these will be processed in due course. The remaining funding will then be reviewed and a decision made on when to reopen the scheme for further applications.

In the meantime, if you are struggling to afford enough food, call Citizens Advice on 0808 278 7813 between 10.00am and 4.00pm, Monday to Friday to discuss options based on your circumstances. This could include a referral to the food bank in Swindon.

If you are in crisis and in urgent need of food, heat or other essential items, you can also consider applying for our Emergency Assistance Fund if you are eligible under the criteria shown.

There is also further advice if you are struggling with the cost of living.

The Government Cost of Living Hub also has a lot of useful information on help with your energy bills.

Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?

Give feedback about this page