Housing benefit


You could get Housing Benefit to help you pay your rent if you’re on a low income.

With the introduction of Universal Credit , you can only make a new claim for Housing Benefit if you are either of state pension age or living in supported accommodation.

Housing Benefit can pay for part or all of your rent. How much you get depends on your income and circumstances. 

You can apply for Housing Benefit whether you’re unemployed or working.

Was this information helpful?

Help us improve swindon.gov.uk

Please don't include personal information such as your name and address.