Health and wellbeing strategy
In 2012, Swindon's Health and Wellbeing Board commissioned a steering group with representation from
the Swindon LINk, the Clinical Commissioning Group, Swindon Borough Council, NHS Swindon and Public Health to develop Swindon's first Health and Wellbeing Strategy (PDF). This strategy sets out the vision and the long term improvements in local people’s health and wellbeing that we want to achieve in Swindon. It also sets out our priorities for action and indicators that will help us measure progress.
The purpose of this strategy is to:
- Set out the vision of what we want to achieve for health and wellbeing in Swindon
- Identify the key priorities for improving health and wellbeing
- Drive and influence the delivery of health care
- Provide an integrated framework that aligns with other local strategies
- Improve health and wellbeing for everyone and reduce health inequalities
- Maximise the opportunities local assets afford us
- Engage with local partners and communities to ensure local needs are being met
The Health and Wellbeing Strategy will be monitored and reviewed by the Swindon Health and Wellbeing Board every six months and revised annually informed by and reflecting the latest Joint Strategic Needs Assessment findings.
To view the latest meetings and agendas for the Health and Wellbeing Board, please see the Committee details webpage.