Privacy Notices - Adult Social Care Privacy Notice - Summary
Swindon Borough Council (SBC) Adult social Care collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- What is a Privacy Notice?
This notice explains what personal data (information) we hold about you, how we collect, how we use and may share information about you. We are required to give you this information under data protection law.
- What personal data do we collect?
In the course of working with you, we may collect the following personal information when you provide it to us (not exhaustive):
- Personal information e.g: your name, address, telephone number, date of birth and for members of your family and support network
- Information about your finances, e.g. bank details, income, benefits
- Information about your racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical belief and your sexual orientation
- Information about health conditions or disabilities that may apply to you
- How do we process your personal data?
In the course of working with you, we may collect information from, or share it, with some
other third parties.
- Why do we need your personal information?
This data sharing enables us to personalise your care and ensure that you are receiving the best support possible.
We use your personal information to create a secure and comprehensive record of all of the work that we do with and for you and the sharing of information facilitates a joined up approach with partner agencies, to provide you with the best possible care and support.
- How the law allows us to use your information?
We have a statutory basis for collecting your personal data, we do not need to ask for your permission to collect and share it, however we will only ever share your data on a basis of need, in line with legislation and will work transparently with you at all times.
- Who do we share your information with?
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
- How do we protect your information?
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
- How long do we keep your personal information?
Records will be retained for no longer than 10 years from the last involvement with adult social care before being securely destroyed.
- What you can do with your information?
For further information about your rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the guidance from the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under GDPR on the ICO website.
See full Adult Care Privacy Notice on the Swindon Borough Council website. We have a Data Protection Officer who makes sure we respect your rights and follow the law. If you have any concerns or questions about how we look after your information or how you can access it, please contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer, at DataProtection@swindon.gov.uk or by calling 01793 445500 and asking to speak to the Data Protection Officer.
- What if you do not provide personal data?
If you do not provide your data, it will limit the effectiveness of the services and support that we are able to offer you.
- Main privacy notice
You are viewing the Privacy Notice for Adult Social Care - Summary.