Saturday, 05 September 2015

* * *

Refine search

Alcohol and Entertainment - Premises

If you run any of the following establishments, you will probably need a Premises Licence:

  • Public house
  • Off licence
  • Take-away
  • Mobile food van

Any of the following can apply for a Premises Licence:

  • A person who carries on a business in the premises to which the application relates.
  • A recognised club (please note : Some clubs qualify for a slightly simpler alternative to the Premises Licence - a Club Premises Certificate for which there is no need for anyone to hold a Personal Licence).
  • A charity.
  • A health service body.
  • A person who is registered under the Care Standards Act 2000 in relation to an independent hospital.
  • A chief police officer of a force in England and Wales.
  • Anyone discharging a statutory or function under Her Majesty's prerogative.
  • The proprietor of an educational institute.
  • Any other permitted person as set out in regulation.
  • Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.

A short version of every Premises Licence must be displayed on the relevant premises.


Fees are based on the rateable value of the premises to be licensed, which can be checked on the Valuations Office Agency website.

Apply for a Premises Licence

Alternatively, download, print and complete the Premises Licence Application Form.

Pay Online

If you wish to transfer a licence, the fee is £23

Apply for Additional Licences and Variations

The following application forms are available where an existing licence needs to be varied (i.e. amended).

Premises Licence Variation

Or download, print and complete the Vary a Premises Licence Application Form

Vary Designated Premises Supervisor

Or download, print and complete the Vary a Designated Premises Supervisor Application Form

The fee for this variation is £23.

Transfer of Ownership of the Licence

Or download, print and complete a Transfer a Premises Licence Application Form 

The fee for this variation is £23. Alternatively, you may simply apply for an additional Premises Licence, as there is no limit to how many licences can be held for one property.

Notification of an Interest

Or download, print and complete a Notification of an Interest Application Form

The one-off fee for this variation is £21.

Change of Address

There is no special form to use when telling us about address changes, you simply need to write in. Please  contact us.

The fee for this variation is £10.50.

Interim Authority

Or download, print and complete an Interim Authority Notice Application Form

The fee for this variation is £23.

Provisional Statement

A Provisional Statement is an alternative to applying for a Premises Licence directly, when new premises are being built or existing premises are being altered dramatically.

Or download a Provisional Statement Application Form

The fee for this variation is £315, regardless of the rateable value.

Disclosure of Convictions

Or download a Disclosure of Convictions Declaration Application Form

Form of Consent - Existing Licence

This form should be used by a person who holds the existing licence, in order to transfer it to a new licence holder.

Or download, print and complete a Form of Consent - Existing Licence Application Form

Consent of Individual

This form should be used by a person being specified as a Designated Premises Supervisor.

Or download, print and complete a Consent of Individual Application Form

Further Information

This subject is covered by the Licensing Act 2003 - for details please see the Department for Culture, Media and Sport website.  

©2014 Swindon Borough Council. All rights reserved. Terms and Condition