Council Tax Support

Second adult rebate

This is a type of Council Tax Support available for pensioners or those claiming disability allowances or premiums.

If you share your home with another adult, and you are the person who is liable for the Council Tax bill, but your earnings, savings and investments are above the level for claiming Council Tax Support, you may be able to claim Second Adult Rebate if the other adult:

  • Is over the age of 18 years
  • Is not your partner
  • Is living on a low income
  • Does not pay any Council Tax for your home or another property
  • Does not pay you any rent
Was this information helpful?

Help us improve

Please don't include personal information such as your name and address.