Dealing with debt
Get free debt advice
If you are struggling to pay your bills it’s time to take action to prevent things getting worse, which can often happen much more quickly than most people think they will.
You can start by looking at the online debt advice published by Citizens Advice.
For tailored free of charge one to one advice contact or visit Swindon Citizen Advice.
Swindon Citizen Advice
Swindon Citizen Advice provides a drop in service covering debt, benefits, housing, employment, immigration, family, consumer and other legal matters.
Telephone: 0808 278 7813
Swindon Citizen Advice operates out of two offices within Swindon:
College Street Entrance
Open for advice sessions Monday to Friday.
Find more information on Sanford House and its opening times.
Pinetrees Community Centre
Open for advice sessions on Monday and Wednesday.
Telephone advice is also available Monday to Friday 10am to 12.30pm.
You can also get in touch via the Citizens Advice contact form.
Other sources of help and advice
- Christians Against Poverty provide in your home debt counselling, run local job clubs and courses on better managing your money
- Crosslight provides local access to free debt and budgeting advice
- Money Advice Service is a free and impartial government initiative providing help and advice on all things to do with money
- National Debt Line has provided free, confidential debt advice for over 25 years on a national basis
- StepChange is a national debt advice service
- Turn2us is a national charity that helps people in financial hardship gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and support services