Report benefit fraud

Council tax fraud

The Council has a Corporate Fraud Team who investigate fraud and irregularity allegations, including suspected council tax reduction and single person’s discount fraud. You can report any concerns you have (anonymously if you wish), via the Report Fraud webpage.

Housing benefit fraud

The Department of Works and Pensions (DWP) is responsible for the investigation of Housing Benefit Fraud and any Benefits paid by the DWP.

You can report suspected Housing Benefit Fraud using the following options:

By telephone

Contact the National Benefit Fraud Hotline on 0800 854 440. Your call is free and confidential and you do not have to give your name or address. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8.00am to 6.00pm. If you have speech or hearing problems, you can use a text phone service on 0800 328 0512.

By post

Send to:

National Benefit Fraud Hotline
PO Box 224

Alternatively, you can report cases of housing benefit fraud to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) by visiting the DWP website.

Was this information helpful?

Help us improve

Please don't include personal information such as your name and address.