Privacy Notices - Bathroom refurbishment programme Privacy Notice
You need to be aware of this Privacy Notice if you are completing a tenant satisfaction survey after the bathroom refurbishment programme for your property.
This privacy notice explains what happens to the information we collect for the purposes of tenant engagement, housing management and maintenance of your home.
- What is a Privacy Notice?
A Privacy Notice is a statement issued by an organisation which explains how personal and confidential data about individuals is collected, used and shared.
- Who is collecting and using your personal data?
Swindon Borough Council will act as a "Data Controller" for any personal data that you provide to us. We will ensure that the data given to us is processed in line with our Data Protection ACT 2018/UK GDPR.
Please note: If you do not provide your personal information we may not be able to resolve any issues you have put in the satisfaction survey.
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of data is governed by the Data Protection ACT 2018/UK GDPR.
- What personal data do we collect?
We will collect the following details:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your moble phone number
- Your telephone number
- How do we process your personal data?
We comply with our obligations under the Data Protection ACT 2018/UK GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
- Why do we need your personal information?
We need your personal information to access the quality and standard of works provided, and your satisfaction with it. We will use the information to resolve any issues raised in the satisfaction survey, improve the service quality and its processes and to use the information for the project’s statistical and analytical purposes.
- How the law allows us to use your information?
Housing legislation, including The Housing Act 1985, Housing Act 1996, the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 and the Localism Act 2011 are the legal basis for providing you with the service you require, and the need to collect, store and use your personal information. We are committed to protecting the personal information we collect about you. This privacy notice explains what happens to the information we collect for the purposes of finding out how well we carried out your housing repair and giving us feedback so that we can improve the service.
We collect and use this information under Article 6 (lawful processing) of the Data Protection ACT 2018/UK GDPR:
In terms of Article 6, by completing the registration process you are giving Consent to the processing of data for the purposes of this survey.
In terms of Article 9 ,by completing the registration process you are giving Explicit Consent to the processing of data for the purposes of this survey.
- Who do we share your information with?
Your personal information will be seen by Swindon Borough Council staff and may be disclosed to third parties for the following reasons:
- it allows us to provide an efficient bathroom refurbishment service
- to provide any information to the contractor for the purpose of their carrying out bathroom works at your home
- How do we protect your information?
We will maintain the reliability, accuracy, completeness and currency of personal data in our databases and to protect the privacy and security of our databases. We keep your personal data only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
Our servers and databases are protected by industry standard security technology.
The employees who have access to personal data have been trained to handle such data properly and in accordance with latest regulation.
- How long do we keep your personal information?
- Function description: for the process of monitoring performance and remedying issues
- Retention action: 12 months from the receipt of your feedback
- Example: to aid with an issue about bathroom works to your home that resolves the problem and prevents further complaint
- What you can do with your information?
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances
- Your right to complain
In the event that you wish to complain about the way that your personal data has been handled by Swindon Borough Council, you should write to our Data Protection Officer and clearly outline your case. Your complaint will then be investigated in accordance with our customer complaint and data protection incident procedures.
Data Protection Office
You can contact our Data Protection officer by email: DataProtection@swindon.gov.uk
If you remain dissatisfied with the way your personal data has been handled, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ICO.org.uk.
You may refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose contact details are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
The ICO website also contains information on data protection and your rights and remedies.
- What if you do not provide personal data?
You are under no statutory obligation to provide personal data to Swindon Borough Council during the satisfaction survey process. However, if you do not provide any data, we may not be able to properly access the standard of work carried out and action any feedback as we will be unable to relate it to a particular property.
- How will we ensure compliance?
A yearly audit will take place on personal data to ensure that we remain legally compliant in accordance with current data protection legislation.
- Main privacy notice
You are viewing the Privacy Notice for the Bathroom Refurbishment Programme.