Privacy Notices - Proposal to relocate outbound (westbound) bus services from Emlyn Square Privacy Notice
You need to be aware of this Privacy Notice if you are responding to our survey on the consultation of the proposal to relocate outbound (westbound) bus services from Emlyn Square.
- What is a Privacy Notice?
A Privacy Notice is a statement issued by an organisation which explains how personal and confidential data about individuals is collected, used and shared.
- Who is collecting and using your personal data?
Swindon Borough Council will act as a “Data Controller” for any personal data that you provide to us. We will ensure that the data given to us is processed in line with our Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 18) and the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
To find out more about Swindon Borough Council’s data protection policies please contact our Data Protection Officer. firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Data Protection Officer
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
- What personal data do we collect?
We ask for your name and email address and comments highlighted in your survey response.
- How do we process your personal data?
Swindon Borough Council complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
- Why do we need your personal information?
We need your personal information for the following reasons:
- To contact you about your comments relating to the consultation survey on the proposal to relocate outbound (westbound) bus services from Emlyn Square
- For statistical analysis of the feedback received to the consultation survey on the proposal to relocate outbound (westbound) bus services from Emlyn Square
- How the law allows us to use your information?
In accordance with article 6 of the Data Protection Act 2018, data processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller.
In addition, we will only process your response to the survey if you have granted us consent to do so.
- Who do we share your information with?
We will not share your personal data except to prevent fraud or if required to do so by law.
If you consent, we may contact you in the future as part of the analysis of the proposal to relocate outbound (westbound) bus services from Emlyn Square. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
- How do we protect your information?
We use state-of-the-art technical measures to protect your electronic personal information. We also apply rigorous organisational measures to ensure your data is protected in line with current privacy legislation.
We will do what we can to make sure we hold records about you (on paper and electronically) in a secure way, and we will only make them available to those who have a right to see them.
Examples of our security measures include:
- encryption, meaning that information is hidden so that it cannot be read without special knowledge (such as a password). This is done with a secret code, or what is called a 'cypher'. The hidden information is said to then be 'encrypted'.
- pseudonymisation, meaning that we will use a different name so we can hide parts of your personal information from view. This means that someone outside of the Council could work on your information for us without ever knowing it was yours.
- controlling access to systems and networks allows us to stop people who are not allowed to view your personal information from getting access to it
- training for our staff allows us to make them aware of how to handle information and how and when to report when something goes wrong
- regular testing of our technology and ways of working including keeping up to date on the latest security updates (commonly called patches)
- How long do we keep your personal information?
In accordance with the Borough Council Data Retention and Disposal policy your data will be kept for a period of six years after the year in which you submit your comments.
- What you can do with your information?
Unless subject to an exemption under GDPR you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Swindon Borough Council holds about you
- The right to request that Swindon Borough Council corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
For further details on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information, and your rights to access information we hold on you please contact email@example.com or write to the Data Protection Officer at:
Swindon Borough Council
- Your right to complain
If you believe that the Council has not complied with your data protection rights, you should write to the Data Protection Officer and clearly outline your case. Your complaint will then be investigated in accordance with our customer complaint procedure.
If you remain dissatisfied with the way your personal data has been handled, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ICO.org.uk. You may refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose contact details are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
- Main privacy notice
You are viewing the Privacy Notice for the proposal to relocate outbound (westbound) bus services from Emlyn Square.