Privacy Notices - Tenant academy e-learning programmes Privacy Notice
You need to be aware of this Privacy Notice if you are completing any e-learning programmes through Tenant Academy Moodle site, including the Greenlight Pre-tenancy E-learning package. This privacy notice explains what happens to the information we collect for the purposes of providing pre-tenancy e-learning training to applicants to the housing register.
This training provides support to housing applicants to enable them to better sustain their tenancy. This is part of our duties as a social landlord as defined in the Localism Act 2011.
- What is a Privacy Notice?
A Privacy Notice is a statement issued by an organisation which explains how personal and confidential data about individuals is collected, used and shared.
- Who is collecting and using your personal data?
We will act as the “Data Controller” for any personal data that you provide to us. We will ensure that the data given to us is processed in line with our Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 18) and the EU General Data Protection Regulations. (GDPR).
Your data will be collected using the Moodle E-Learning Platform which is hosted by MoodleCloud.
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
- What personal data do we collect?
We will hold personal information about you such as your name, e-mail address and Housing Register number or Tenancy number.
- How do we process your personal data?
We comply with our obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
- Why do we need your personal information?
We will collect enough personal information to deliver the following services to:
- provide access to Moodle e-learning courses
- contact you to offer additional support if you are not able to successfully complete the Greenlight Pre-tenancy e-learning
- request feedback on the content of courses
- How the law allows us to use your information?
Housing legislation, including The Housing Act 1985, Housing Act 1996, the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 and the Localism Act 2011 are the legal basis for providing you with the service you require, and the need to collect, store and use your personal information. We are committed to protecting the personal information we collect about you. This privacy notice explains what happens to the information we collect from Housing Applicants to allow us to give them access to the pre-tenancy e-learning package.
We collect and use this information under Article 6 (lawful processing) of GDPR 2018.
Article 6 of GDPR
Public task: the processing is necessary for the local authority to perform a task in the public interest or for official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law in terms of Housing service provision.
- Who do we share your information with?
Your personal information will be seen by Swindon Borough Council staff and may be disclosed to third parties for the following reasons:
- To provide you with access to E-learning course programmes
When you provide us with information, you will be told what we will use it for and who we will share it with.
- How do we protect your information?
We will maintain the reliability, accuracy, completeness and currency of personal data in our databases and to protect the privacy and security of our databases. We keep your personal data only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
Our servers and databases and those of our processors are protected by industry standard security technology.
The employees who have access to personal data have been trained to handle such data properly and in accordance with latest regulation.
- How long do we keep your personal information?
Access to the site and personal details will be deleted within 3 months to enable access to the e-learning programmes.
- What you can do with your information?
Unless subject to an exemption under GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Swindon Borough Council holds about you
- The right to request that Swindon Borough Council corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Swindon Borough Council to retain such data
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to the processing of personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
For further details on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information, and your rights to access information we hold on you, please contact email@example.com or contact the Data Protection Officer at:
Swindon Borough Council
- Your right to complain
You also have a right of complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at www.ico.org.uk if you think we have dealt with your information in an inappropriate manner.
You can ask to see what information we hold about you and have access to it. You can do this, by contacting: Data Protection Officer Swindon Borough Council firstname.lastname@example.org
Any further questions regarding the data being processed may also be sent to the Data Protection Officer at the above email address.
- What if you do not provide personal data?
You are under no statutory obligation to provide personal data to Swindon Borough Council during the application process. However, if you do not provide the data, we may not be able to proceed with your housing application.
- How will we ensure compliance?
A management review will take place on personal data to ensure that we remain legally compliant in accordance with current data protection legislation.
- Main privacy notice
You are viewing the Privacy Notice for the Tenant Academy E-learning programmes.