Privacy Notices - Household Waste and Recycling Centre booking form Privacy Notice
You need to be aware of this Privacy Notice if you are booking a visit to the Household Waste & Recycling Centre (HWRC).
- What is a Privacy Notice?
A Privacy Notice is a statement issued by an organisation which explains how personal and confidential data about individuals is collected, used and shared.
- Who is collecting and using your personal data?
Swindon Borough Council will act as a “Data Controller” for any personal data that you provide to us. We will ensure that the data given to us is processed in line with our Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 18) and the EU General Data Protection Regulations. (GDPR)
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
- What personal data do we collect?
Swindon Borough Council will collect and process a range of data about you in order to allow access to the HWRC. This includes your name, address and email address.
- How do we process your personal data?
Swindon Borough Council complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
- Why do we need your personal information?
The personal data provided is used to permit access to the HWRC, including to:
- enable booking of a specific time slot to visit the site
- provide details of the booking including a booking reference number required to access the site
- manage demand on the site and limit the impact on the highway
- monitor demand and performance of the HWRC, but wherever possible your personal information will be anonymised
- How the law allows us to use your information?
We are collecting the personal information as it is necessary to perform our statutory duties in managing the number of visitors to the HWRC and ensuring a safe environment for staff and visitors.
- Who do we share your information with?
Booking reference and address details will be shared with the HWRC site management company Public Power Solutions (PPS) purely to enable access to the site. These details will not be stored or used for any other purpose by PPS.
- How do we protect your information?
We will do what we can to make sure we hold records about you (on paper and electronically) in a secure way, and we only make them available to those who have a right to see them.
- How long do we keep your personal information?
We will keep your personal data for up to seven years.
- What you can do with your information?
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations you have the following rights:
- The right of access to you own personal data
- The right to request rectification or deletion of your personal data
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data
- The right to request a copy of the information you provide us in machine-readable format
- The right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is solely reliant upon your consent
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights, you should contact the Data Protection Officer.
- Your right to complain
In the event that you wish to complain about the way that your personal data has been handled by Swindon Borough Council, you should write to the Data Protection Officer and clearly outline your case. Your complaint will then be investigated in accordance with our customer complaint procedure.
If you remain dissatisfied with the way your personal data has been handled, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ICO.org.uk. You may refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose contact details are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
This website also contains information on data protection and your rights and remedies.
- What if you do not provide personal data?
You are under no statutory obligation to provide personal data to Swindon Borough Council during the HWRC booking process. However, if you do not provide the data for the purposes above, we may not be able to provide the booking service to you.
- How will we ensure compliance?
A yearly audit will normally take place on personal data to ensure that we remain legally compliant in accordance with current data protection legislation.
- Main privacy notice
You are viewing the Privacy Notice for the HWRC booking form.