Privacy Notices - Special Education Needs and Disability Privacy Notice
You need to be aware of this Privacy Notice if you are taking part in a Special Education Needs and Disability (SEND) Strategic Board conference call.
- What is a Privacy Notice?
A Privacy Notice is a statement issued by an organisation which explains how personal and confidential data about individuals is collected, used and shared.
- Who is collecting and using your personal data?
Swindon Borough Council will act as a “Data Controller” for any personal data that you provide to us. We will ensure that the data given to us is processed in line with our Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 18) and the EU General Data Protection Regulations. (GDPR)
To find out more about Swindon Borough Council’s data protection policies please contact our Data Protection Officer. firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Data Protection Officer
Please note that not providing your personal data may lead to you being unable to participate in a SEND Strategic Board conference call.
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data, including your voice. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
- Your personal data – what is it?
Swindon Borough Council collects a range of data about you during conference calls. This may include your name, work address and contact details, as well your voice and personal/professional opinions.
- How do we process your personal data?
Swindon Borough Council complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
- Why do we need your personal information?
To allow you to participate in the SEND Strategic Board and to create summary minutes from the SEND Strategic Board conference call recordings.
- How the law allows us to use your information?
In accordance with article 6 of the GDPR, data processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation and is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller.
- Who do we share your information with?
The voice recording will not be shared with anyone outside the SEND Strategic Board meeting.
- How do we protect your information?
In accordance with the Borough Council Data Retention and Disposal policy your data will be kept for a period of six years after the year in which you submit your comments.
- How long do we keep your personal information?
The voice recording will be kept securely and encrypted at all times and will be securely deleted 2 months after each meeting.
- What you can do with your information?
Unless subject to an exemption under GDPR you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Swindon Borough Council holds about you.
- The right to request that Swindon Borough Council corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Swindon Borough Council to retain such data
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to the processing of personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
For further details on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information, and your rights to access information we hold on you please contact email@example.com or contact the Data Protection Officer at:
Swindon Borough Council
- What if you do not provide personal data?
You are under no obligation to provide your information, but you will not be able to participate in the SEND Strategic Board conference call.
- How will we ensure compliance?
There will be an annual check of compliance by the Council’s internal audit team.
- Main privacy notice
You are viewing the Privacy Notice for SEND Strategic Board Conference Call.