Privacy Notices - LG Communications fostering recruitment survey Privacy Notice
You need to be aware of this Privacy Notice if you are completing the 2020 fostering recruitment survey.
- What is a Privacy Notice?
A Privacy Notice is a statement issued by an organisation which explains how personal and confidential data about individuals is collected, used and shared.
- Who is collecting and using your personal data?
Swindon Borough Council will act as a “Data Controller” for any personal data that you provide to us. We will ensure that the data given to us is processed in line with our Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 18) and the EU General Data Protection Regulations. (GDPR)
To find out more about Swindon Borough Council’s data protection policies please contact our Data Protection Officer. email@example.com or in writing to Data Protection Officer, Civic Offices, Euclid Street, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 2JH.
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
- What personal data do we collect?
We will collect your email address.
- How do we process your personal data?
Swindon Borough Council complies with its obligations under the GDPR by:
- keeping personal data up to date
- storing and destroying it securely
- not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data
- protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure
- ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data
- Why do we need your personal information?
We would like to provide you with details of the planned forthcoming LG Communications event on foster carer recruitment.
LG Communications (LG comms) is a national body made up of an association of authorities that works to raise the standard of communications in local government.
- How the law allows us to use your information?
The law requires that we collect and record your explicit consent before providing you with news of further events via email, but you have the right to remove your consent at any time.
If you want to remove your consent please contact DataProtection@swindon.gov.uk and tell us which service you are using and wish to unsubscribe from, so we can deal with your request promptly.
- How do we protect your information?
Our survey provider is ‘SmartSurvey’, who provide online surveys and forms as a service. They process your Personal Data as a Processor on behalf of Swindon Borough Council.
We will do what we can to make sure we hold records about you (electronically) in a secure way, and we will only make them available to those who have a right to see them.
We will maintain the reliability, accuracy, completeness and currency of personal data in our databases and to protect the privacy and security of our databases. We keep your personal data only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
Our servers and databases are protected by industry standard security technology. The employees who have access to personal data have been trained to handle such data properly and in accordance with latest regulation.
- How long do we keep your personal information?
We will hold this information for a retention period of 3 months, from completion of the survey.
- What you can do with your information?
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations you have the following rights:
- The right of access to you own personal data.
- The right to request rectification or deletion of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- The right to request a copy of the information you provide us in machine-readable format.
- The right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is solely reliant upon your consent.
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights, you should contact the Data Protection Officer.
- Your right to complain
In the event that you wish to complain about the way that your personal data has been handled by Swindon Borough Council, you should write to our Data Protection Officer and clearly outline your case.
Your complaint will then be investigated in accordance with our customer complaint and data protection incident procedures. If you remain dissatisfied with the way your personal data has been handled, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ICO.org.uk.
You may refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose contact details are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
The ICO website also contains information on data protection and your rights and remedies.
- What if you do not provide personal data?
You are under no statutory obligation to provide personal data to Swindon Borough Council.
- How will we ensure compliance?
A yearly audit will take place on personal data to ensure that we remain legally compliant in accordance with current data protection legislation.
- Main privacy notice
You are viewing the Privacy Notice for LG Communications Fostering Recruitment Survey.
Read the main Privacy Notice