Privacy Notices - Shared Lives Service Privacy Notice - Easy Read
We (Swindon Borough Council, Shared Lives Service) hold personal information about the people we provide services to.
- What is a Privacy Notice?
In May 2018 the government introduced new laws for Data Protection. Data Protection is how organisations use your private information. Swindon Borough Council, Shared Lives Service hold private and confidential information about all our service users. This document tells you about how Swindon Borough Council uses your information.
- Who is collecting and using your personal data?
We will talk to you about this so you know how we use this information.
- Your personal data – what is it?
This information includes personal details such as your name, address and which services you use.
- How do we process your personal data?
We try to make sure the information is right.
- Why do we need your personal information?
We use this information to:
- understand your care and support needs
- give you the right information
- arrange services to meet your care and support needs
- understand if you or other people are at risk of abuse and do something about it
- How the law allows us to use your information?
We will talk to you about who we are sharing your information with. You can say no, but it may mean you don't get all the services you need.
- Who do we share your information with?
Many of our services are provided with other organisations.
This means we need to share information to make sure you get the support you need.
- How do we protect your information?
We store personal information securely.
- How long do we keep your personal information?
We only keep the information for as long as it is needed.
- What you can do with your information?
You can ask to see your information, by e-mailing us at email@example.com Or by telephone: 01793 445500
- What if you do not provide personal data?
We might not be able to give you a service unless we have the right information.
- Main privacy notice
You are viewing the Privacy Notice for the Shared Lives Service - Easy Read