Privacy Notices - Planning Policy Privacy Notice
You need to be aware of this Privacy Notice if you are submitting a comment on a planning policy related issue or document.
- What is a Privacy Notice?
A Privacy Notice is a statement issued by an organisation such as the Council which explains how personal and confidential data about individuals is collected, used and shared.
- Who is collecting and using your personal data?
Swindon Borough Council will act as a “Data Controller” for any personal data that you provide to us. We will ensure that the data given to us is processed in line with our Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 18) and the EU General Data Protection Regulations. (GDPR).
- What personal data do we collect?
The types of personal information we collect may include:
- basic personal information including name, address and contact details
- information relating to expressed opinions or intentions in respect of a planning related issue
- any other information you provide to us during the consultation process
- How do we process your personal data?
Swindon Borough Council complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
- Why do we need your personal information?
We need your personal information in order to respond to your comments and in order to notify you of any further consultation relating to the issue for which you submitted a comment and any future planning-related issues.
- How the law allows us to use your information?
Responses to public consultations will be made publically available to view on the Council’s website, including the name and address of the consultee. Other personal information such as email addresses, telephone numbers and signatures will be redacted by the Council before publication. In order to enable us to redact this, your personal information should be clearly distinguished and separated from the comments, preferably by use of a cover sheet. Personal information included within the body of the text is harder to redact and therefore more costly to the Council. Responses containing libellous, discriminatory or otherwise offensive comments will not be made publically available.
Subject to the above, comments received:
- Will be made available for public inspection, and cannot be treated as confidential
- Will be available to view on the Council’s website
- Will be used by the Council to inform the preparation and production of the Development Plan Document or Supplementary Planning Document
- May be forwarded to the Planning Inspectorate or independent Examiner, as appropriate to the Document and the stage it has reached. for consideration as part of any examination
- May be summarised and presented in summary form
Anyone registering with us through the Planning Consultation Portal ‘Objective’ will be asked whether they wish to receive notifications of future consultations on planning policy and related documents. You can withdraw from this list at any time by contacting us at: email@example.com
- How long do we keep your personal information?
Comments submitted about planning policy documents will be retained by the Council for one year after the document has been superseded.
Comments will be stored in electronic format within the Council’s consultation portal and servers (hard copy letters, where received, will be stored at the Council’s offices or secure storage facility).
- Your right to complain
You have the right to access your data and correct any inaccuracies. For further details of your rights please contact our Data Protection Officer via email at DataProtection@swindon.gov.uk or by calling 01793 445500 and asking to speak to the Data Protection Officer.
- Main privacy notice
You are viewing the Privacy Notice for Planning Policy.