Privacy Notices - Cycle park pass application Privacy Notice
You need to be aware of this Privacy Notice if you are applying for a cycle park pass.
- Who is collecting and using your personal data?
Swindon Borough Council is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of data is governed by the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018).
- How do we process your personal data?
Swindon Borough Council complies with its obligations under the DPA 2018 by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data
- Why do we need your personal information?
We collect your data to manage your application for, and use of, a cycle pass. We may also analyse your usage of the Swindon cycle parks.
- How the law allows us to use your information?
In accordance with article 6 of the GDPR, data processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller.
- Who do we share your information with?
We will not share your personal data except to prevent fraud or if required to do so by law.
- How long do we keep your personal information?
In accordance with the Borough Council Data Retention and Disposal policy your data will be kept for the duration of the active use of your cycle pass card, and a maximum of 7 years after the last recorded action.
- What you can do with your information?
Unless subject to an exemption under GDPR you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Swindon Borough Council holds about you
- The right to request that Swindon Borough Council corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
For further details on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information, and your rights to access information we hold on you please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Data Protection Officer at:
Swindon Borough Council
- Main privacy notice
You are viewing the Privacy Notice for an application for a pass plus training subsidy.