Privacy Notices - Street Trading Consultation Privacy Notice
You need to be aware of this Privacy Notice if you are responding to the Street Trading Consultation.
- Who is collecting and using your personal data?
Swindon Borough Council (SBC) collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulations, (GDPR), which apply across the European Union, (including in the United Kingdom), and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws. Our Information Governance Officer is Stephen Maskell.
For further details on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information, and your rights to access information we hold on you please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Data Protection Officer at:
Swindon Borough Council
GDPR also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted on 03031 231113.
- What personal data do we collect?
In the course of responding to this consultation published by Swindon Borough Council (SBC), we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- Company (optional)
- Email (optional)
No personal information which can identify you, such as your name or address, will be used in producing reports. We will follow our Data Protection policies to keep your information secure and confidential. Your data will be anonymised before being used as part of the consultation process.
- Who do we share your information with?
Your details will be used to ensure we do not have multiple responses from individuals. This could affect the results of the consultation. Your personal information will not be shared with any other departments of the Council or outside of the organisation. Individual comments may be summarised but will not be linked to any personal information.
- How do we protect your information?
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
- How long do we keep your personal information?
On completion of the consultation we will retain the information for a period of no more than 12 months. All details will then be securely disposed of.
- What you can do with your information?
Under GDPR you have rights which you can exercise free of charge which allow you to:
- know what we are doing with your information and why we are doing it
- ask to see what information we hold about you (subject access request)
- ask us to correct any mistakes in the information we hold about you
- object to direct marketing
- make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office
Depending on our reason for using your information you may also be entitled to:
- ask us to delete information we hold about you
- have your information transferred electronically to yourself or to another organisation
- object to decisions being made that significantly affect you
- object to how we are using your information
- stop us using your information in certain ways
We will always seek to comply with your request however we may be required to hold or use your information to comply with legal duties. Please note, your request may delay or prevent us delivering a service to you.
For further information about your rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the guidance from the UK Information Commissioners Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under GDPR.
- Main privacy notice
You are viewing the Privacy Notice for the Licensing Consultation.