Privacy Notices - Sign Requests Privacy Notice
You need to be aware of this Privacy Notice if you are making an application for a direction sign or a tourism sign.
- Who is collecting and using your personal data?
Swindon Borough Council is the data controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- How do we process your personal data?
Swindon Borough Council complies with its obligations under the Data Protection Act (DPA) by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
- Why do we need your personal information?
Data processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To contact you about your application by post, telephone or email
- For the prevention and detection of fraud
- For the management, statistical analysis and evaluation of the Tourism and Direction signs scheme
- Who do we share your information with?
We will not share your personal data outside of Swindon Borough Council except to prevent fraud, or if required to do so by law.
We may contact you in the future as part of our management of the Tourism and Direction Signs scheme.
- How long do we keep your personal information?
In accordance with the Borough Council Data Retention and Disposal policy your data will be kept for a period of six years after the year in which you submit your comments.
- What you can do with your information?
Unless subject to an exemption under the DPA, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Swindon Borough Council holds about you
- The right to request that Swindon Borough Council corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Swindon Borough Council to retain such data
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to the processing of personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
For further details on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information, and your rights to access information we hold on you: Email the Data Protection Officer at: DataProtection@swindon.gov.uk or write to us at:
The Data Protection Officer
Swindon Borough Council
- Main privacy notice
You are viewing the Privacy Notice for an application for a Sign Request.