Privacy Notices - Blue Badge application Privacy Notice
You need to be aware of this Privacy Notice if you are making an application for a Blue Badge.
- What personal data do we collect?
The type of data we hold will typically include:
- Contact details including name, address, telephone numbers and e-mail address
- Identifying details including date of birth
- Your gender
- Documentation confirming automatic eligibility
- Relevant medical information pertinent to your application
- A photograph confirming your identity
- Why do we need your personal information?
We will use this data to assess your eligibility for a Blue Badge.
Where necessary, we will share your personal information with appropriate council departments to establish eligibility and the Great Western Hospital NHS Trust when dealing with appeals. Your personal information will also be uploaded to a Central Register operated by Northgate Services who are contracted by Central Government to produce Blue Badges.
- How the law allows us to use your information?
The legal basis for collecting this information is via the Disabled Persons’ Parking Badges Act 2013.
- How long do we keep your personal information?
Your personal information will be kept for 56 days after the expiry or cancellation of the Blue Badge.
- What you can do with your information?
You have a right to access and obtain a copy of the personal data that we hold about you and to ask us to correct your personal data if there are any errors or it is out of date.
- Main privacy notice
You are viewing the Privacy Notice for a Blue Badge application.