Privacy Notices - Traffic Regulation Order consultation Privacy Notice
You need to be aware of this Privacy Notice if you are registering your comments in relation to a Traffic Regulation Order (TRO).
- Who is collecting and using your personal data?
Swindon Borough Council is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
- How do we process your personal data?
Swindon Borough Council complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
- Why do we need your personal information?
- To register your comments on a proposed Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
- To contact you about your comments in order to update you on the progress of the TRO
- To seek to address any concerns you have raised in your response
- For statistical analysis and evaluation of the responses to the TRO
- A summary of your comments in relation to the TRO may be made public on the council website and in publicly available reports prepared as part of the council decision making process.
- How the law allows us to use your information?
Proposed Traffic Regulation Orders are advertised in accordance with The Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and The Traffic Management Act 2004.
In accordance with article 6 of the GDPR, data processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation and is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller.
- Who do we share your information with?
A summary of your comments in relation to the TRO may be made public on the Borough Council website and in publicly available reports prepared as part of the Council decision making process.
We will not share your personal data outside of Swindon Borough Council except to prevent fraud or if required to do so by law.
We may contact you in the future as part of the TRO process in order to update you on the progress of the proposal.
Occasionally, we refer the matter to a decision making process which means your comments (excluding your personal details) will be available on the Council's website, within the details of Council decisions.
We might also have to disclose your comments (excluding your personal details) if someone asks for information about a particular proposal. This means we will be unable to treat your comments as being confidential. The Local Authorities’ Traffic Orders (Procedure) (England and Wales) Regulations 1996 requires us to consider all objections duly made under the regulations. Under those regulations we also have a duty to inform objectors why a particular decision has been made.
Please note that if you include personal or identifiable details in the comments/body of your response then we cannot guarantee that these details will not be included in any future reports. We strongly advise that you read through your comments to ensure that there is no personal information included.
- How long do we keep your personal information?
In accordance with the Borough Council Data Retention and Disposal policy your data will be kept for a period of six years after the year in which you submit your comments.
- What you can do with your information?
Unless subject to an exemption under GDPR you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Swindon Borough Council holds about you
- The right to request that Swindon Borough Council corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Swindon Borough Council to retain such data
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to the processing of personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
For further details on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information, and your rights to access information we hold on you please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Data Protection Officer at:
Swindon Borough Council
- Main privacy notice
You are viewing the Privacy Notice for an application for a Traffic Regulation Order consultation.