Privacy Notices - Pass plus training subsidy Privacy Notice
You need to be aware of this Privacy Notice if you are making an application for a pass plus training subsidy.
- Who is collecting and using your personal data?
Swindon Borough Council is the data controller. The data controller decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
- How do we process your personal data?
Swindon Borough Council complies with its obligations under the GDPR. This means it keeps personal data up to date; stores and destroys it securely; does not collect or retain excessive amounts of data; protects it from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure; ensures that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect it.
- Why do we need your personal information?
- To contact you about your application by post, telephone or e-mail.
- To determine if you are eligible for the Pass Plus Subsidy. This depends on your age and your place of residence, work or study.
- For fraud prevention.
- For statistical analysis and evaluation of the Pass Plus Subsidy scheme.
- How the law allows us to use your information?
In accordance with article 6 of the GDPR, data processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller.
- Who do we share your information with?
We will not share your personal data outside of Swindon Borough Council except to prevent fraud or if required to do so by law.
We may contact you in the future as part of the analysis and evaluation of the Pass Plus Subsidy scheme.
- How long do we keep your personal information?
Your data will be kept for six years after the year in which you submit your comments. This is in accordance with the Borough Council Data Retention and Disposal policy.
- What you can do with your information?
Unless subject to an exemption under GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Swindon Borough Council holds about you.
- The right to request that Swindon Borough Council corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Swindon Borough Council to retain it.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
- Your right to complain
For further details on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information, and your rights to access information we hold on you please contact email@example.com or contact the Data Protection Officer at:
Swindon Borough Council
- Main privacy notice
You are viewing the Privacy Notice for an application for a pass plus training subsidy.