Privacy Notices - Parking services shopmobility Privacy Notice
- Who is collecting and using your personal data?
Swindon Borough Council will act as a “Data Controller” for any personal data that you provide to us. We will ensure that the data given to us is processed in line with our Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 18) and the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
To find out more about Swindon Borough Council’s data protection policies please contact our Data Protection Officer. email@example.com or by post Data Protection officer, Swindon Borough Council, Civic Offices, Euclid Street, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 2JH.
Please note that not providing your personal data may lead to you being unable to utilise services provided by parking services.
- Why do we need your personal information?
Swindon Borough Council will use any data collected through the issuing of:
- Membership for the use of shopmobility equipment
- To enable contact if the need arises
For the use of the shopmobility scheme in the town centre.
We rely upon the following legal bases to process your personal data:
- Carrying out of a contract to which you are a party to. For example, Using the shopmobility machines in the town centre.
- In the public interest or in the exercise of official authority.
- Who do we share your information with?
The data you provide may be disclosed to other departments within the Council or external parties for related enforcement purposes or as required to by law.
Third party companies could be as follows:
- Police, and or other emergency services
- How long do we keep your personal information?
As the data we hold is in relation to income received, due to cost of using service and membership. We will keep your personal data for six years + the current financial year.
- What you can do with your information?
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations you have the following rights:
- The right of access to you own personal data.
- The right to request rectification or deletion of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- The right to request a copy of the information you provide us in machine-readable format.
- The right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is solely reliant upon your consent.
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights, you should contact the Data Protection Officer.
- Your right to complain
In the event that you wish to complain about the way that your personal data has been handled by Swindon Borough Council, you should write to the Data Protection Officer and clearly outline your case. Your complaint will then be investigated in accordance with our customer complaint procedure.
If you remain dissatisfied with the way your personal data has been handled, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ICO.org.uk. You may refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose contact details are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
This website also contains information on data protection and your rights and remedies.
- Main privacy notice
You are viewing the Privacy Notice for parking services shopmobility. Read the main Privacy Notice