We are responsible for the removal of graffiti on Council buildings and structures in the Borough of Swindon. We also offer a free service to remove graffiti and tags from private homes in the Borough, subject to acceptance of terms and conditions.
Report a Problem
You can report a problem to us in a number of ways:
- Use our online problem reporting facility. To use this, please follow the link to Graffiti Reporting.
- By telephone to the StreetSmart Team at the Swindon Direct Contact Centre on 01793 445501. For details of the Contact Centre opening hours, please visit the Swindon Direct web page.
- In person, by visiting the Swindon Direct One-stop-shop. For details of the address and opening hours, please visit the Swindon Direct web page.
Removal of Graffiti From Council Buildings and Structures
We will remove offensive or abusive graffiti on Council buildings and structures in one working day once the presence of the graffiti is known.
We will remove non-offensive or abusive graffiti from Council buildings and structures within 5 working days
Removal of Graffiti From Your Home
We offer a free graffiti removal service from your home. Terms and conditions apply to this service and you must complete a disclaimer to acknowledge acceptance of them. On receipt of a disclaimer, we aim to remove the graffiti within 28 working days.
There are two types of service. We use either:
- High-pressure jet washing. Please use the Jet Washing Disclaimer.
- Over-painting. We use this if there is any likelihood the surface could be damaged by jet washing, although this is highly unlikely as we do take extreme care. If you are concerned about the Jet Washing option and opt for Overpainting instead, please use the Overpainting Disclaimer.
Please feel free to download the relevant disclaimer and either post to us at the address on top of the disclaimer or scan and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Removal from Other Buildings and Structures
Swindon Borough Council now has an agreement with some of the utility organisations that own cabinets and similar structures on or near the highway. An increasing number of utility organisations are now reaching agreement with the Council so that they also will promise to remove graffiti within 28 days and sooner if it’s obscene or abusive.