Tuesday, 23 December 2014

* * *

Christmas Rubbish and Recycling Collections

There will be no rubbish or recycling collections on Christmas Day or Boxing Day.
To find out when your collections will take place, please see Swindon News.

Social Worker jobs

Refine search

Business Licence - Breaker's Yard

You will require a licence if you are a breaker's yard where vehicles are broken down for parts or scrapping, or where written-off vehicles are restored to road-worthy condition. Separate regulations apply to general Scrap Metal Dealers.

The following types of business qualify as a breakers yard:

  • Breaking vehicles down to scrap for recycling or disposal
  • Taking parts out of vehicles so that they can be used again
  • Buying up written-off vehicles and repairing them to the point where they can be driven again

Alternatively, download a Breaker's Yard Licence Application Form 

For handling parts (but never whole vehicles) the fee is £40; in all other cases the fee is £70.

How to pay

Further Information

This subject is covered by the Vehicles (Crime) Act 2001. For full details please see the Office of Public Sector Information Website.

©2014 Swindon Borough Council. All rights reserved. Terms and Condition