Apply for a new hackney carriage or private hire licence

We are responsible for the licensing of all hackney carriages and private hire vehicles and their drivers in the Borough of Swindon.

Licensing is in three parts covering:

Licensed vehicles can only be driven by persons holding the correct hackney carriage or private hire driver's Licence. It is recommended that the driver's licence' is obtained first before the vehicle licence.

If you wish to become a licenced individual or company with Swindon Borough Council, to carry out the work of either hackney carriage or private hire, use the links above to access the relevant pages.

Renewing your licence

If you wish to renew a hackney carriage or private hire licence, see the renewal pages for further details.

Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?

Give feedback about this page