A Warm and Welcome Space is a council or community venue available to residents to visit to spend time, stay warm and feel safe.
These spaces are open to anyone. Visitors won’t be asked why they are there or and won’t have to take part in any activities if they don’t wish to.
The facilities at each venue will vary – some venues may offer hot drinks, free Wi-Fi or activities may be taking place. The services at each space could include:
- further support with the cost of living
- opportunities to participate in activities
- free internet access, computers and charging points
- a friendly environment to connect with others within the community
These spaces will be available for people to use and visit during the winter period and beyond.
Visit the cost of living webpage for more help and support with the cost of living, including a list of 19 things that you or someone you know can check to increase your income or save money.
We welcome any organisations and business across Swindon to register a venue as a Warm and Welcome Space, so as many venues as possible are available to residents.
As this is a voluntary scheme, there is no expectation for venues to open outside their normal operating hours, or to supply warm refreshments.
Grants will be made to successful venues from between £100 and £500, with the amount linked to the number of days per week the space is open.
To participate, venues are asked to:
- sign up to and facilitate the Warm and Welcome Charter
- provide the council with copies of their Safeguarding Policy, a Health and Safety Policy and Public Liability Insurance
- provide key details about their offer which will be added to this Warm and Welcome Space web directory
- display Warm and Welcome Space posters at their venue
- make community information and resources available where possible, to support residents. This will be supplied by the council and partners.
Potential venues can apply by e-mail: email@example.com
Where are our Warm and Welcome Spaces?
Please check this list regularly as we’ll be adding new venues as they sign-up to the scheme.
Click on a venue link to display the address, opening times and facilities:
Browse records within All spaces
Showing 21–40 of 41
- Lawn Community Centre
- Moredon Community Centre
- Moredon Library
- North Swindon Library
- Orbital Shopping Park
- Park Library
- Pinetrees Community Centre
- St Margaret's Centre
- St Mary's Church Hall
- St Paul's Church and Community Centre
- St Timothy's Church
- Swindon Hub
- Swindon Town - The County Ground
- The Bridge Centre
- The Grange Leisure and Community Centre
- The Harbour Project
- The Nursery of Narnia
- The Salvation Army Swindon Citadel
- The Shop
- Toothill Church