Nythe Road junction
The New Eastern Villages (NEV) development will increase traffic on the highway network, including Oxford Road (between Greenbridge and White Hart roundabout). This scheme will provide additional capacity and prevent additional congestion by improving through flow.
What is being planned?
- The A4312 Oxford Road will be widened to allow two approach lanes in each direction
- The pedestrian crossing will be upgraded to be more user friendly for pedestrians and cyclists
- Drainage systems will be improved with flooding measures implemented
- Smart traffic signals with queuing detection loops will be installed
- Verges will be planted with native British wildflowers
The Eastern Flyer cycle route will be maintained throughout the scheme.
When is this work being done?
Work will commence on site in early 2021 and is due to be completed in Winter 2021.