Leading an active lifestyle
Healthy families is a fun, friendly, healthy lifestyle programme for children, young people and their families. The free programme takes place over 5 or 10 weeks and is designed to encourage weight management through healthy eating and physical activity.
The service is delivered by an experienced, approachable, professional and friendly team using the Change 4 Life healthy living messages.
We run programmes for different age groups:
- Juniors (5 to 11 years) at The Link Centre, Swindon
- Seniors (11 to 16 years) at The Link Centre, Swindon
- Mixed (10 to 16 years) at Swindon Town FC Community Foundation
The programme is open to people resident in the Borough of Swindon or registered with a GP in the Swindon locality and is designed for the whole family to work together.
In order to be eligible for this programme, one or more of the children in the family must have a high BMI/BMI percentile (>91st percentile) and must not have an eating disorder.
For further information, you can contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can speak to us directly on 01793 465513.
Adult Weight Management
Our team have experience in supporting individuals with weight management and healthy eating and are happy to discuss options and signpost to local weight management options.
We can also offer referrals to Slimming World via a GP referral which will give individuals access to a 12-week weight loss programme at an existing Slimming World club in their area. This programme is designed for people who:
- are resident in the Borough of Swindon or registered with a GP in the Swindon Locality
- are aged 18 years and over
- have a BMI of over 25 kg/m2, or 23kg/m2 for those from black and minority ethnic groups or with other risk factors (comorbidities such as type 2 diabetes). There is no upper BMI limit.