Swindon parent partnership service
Swindon Parent Partnership Service SPPS) is funded by Swindon Borough Council. It operates independently as a confidential service for parents and carers of children with special educational needs. Our aim is to develop closer links between parents and schools.
We offer information and support on:
- The Statutory Assessment processes and procedures
- Current changes in legislation
- Parents' rights and responsibilities
- The options open to them
- Achieving the most appropriate education for their children
SPPS can help with:
- Working with everyone involved to achieve the best outcomes
- Support in meetings
Explaining the process for Statutory Assessment
- Helping to complete paperwork
- Understanding formal reports
- Annual and transition reviews
When problems arise
- Disability discrimination cases
- SEN tribunal procedures
Independent information and support about applying for their child’s primary or secondary school places.
- understanding the application process
- admission appeals
Visit the Swindon Parent Partnership Service to find out more about the types of information, leaflets and advice they offer including a question and answer section and helpful jargon buster.
If you've used this service, we would be very interested to hear what you think of it. Please download and complete our Parent Evaluation Feedback Form(PDF)