Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Updates on council services, health advice, and support available for residents and businesses.

Swindon energy matters

Energy matters logo

Swindon Energy Matters is your new one-stop-shop service for taking control of your energy bills.  It includes the Council’s new switching service for gas and electricity tariffs which will help all Swindon residents to better manage their fuel bills, whether you have a credit or pre-payment (or Pay As You Go) meter.

There is no obligation to switch, but if you do customers can save up to £600 a year, plus you could receive up to £30 cashback.

Compare and switch

Use the online helpline below to check, switch and save:

Swindon Energy Matters on-line comparison service

Alternatively contact 0800 093 3218 to speak to an advisor.

Please have a recent bill or statement to hand, or if you don’t have one an idea of who supplies your gas and electricity and how much you pay (and how often) will be useful.  

You can also find out more about switching from pre-payment to a credit meter to realise some of the considerable savings that can be made by paying by direct debit.

Need some support?

If you are not sure about using the comparison service, or think there will be barriers to you switching suppliers (such as having a debt with your supplier), then you can contact the Warm & Safe Wiltshire Advice Service for more support.

Call 0800 038 5722 or email:

If you have recently applied for the Warm Home Discount you may lose this if you switch to a different supplier who does not offer the discount – please contact Warm & Safe for advice before switching.

For general information on Swindon Energy Matters please contact:

David Miles
Affordable Warmth Coordinator
Swindon Borough Council

Tel: 01793 463679

Give feedback about this page

Help us to improve this website

Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address. If you want us to reply, you should contact us in a different way.

What is your feedback for this webpage?