Park and Ride
Why Park and Ride
- Some of the route uses bus lanes and there are other bus priority measures to speed the journey
- You avoid the stress of traffic congestion and looking for parking places
- Huge savings on long stay car parking charges can be made
- Travel on a frequent, modern and comfortable bus into the heart of Swindon
- Parking is free so you only pay for the bus fare
- The site has CCTV, waiting rooms and toilets.
Location of Park and Ride
Covered accommodation is provided for cycles.
The buses are designed to allow easy access. They have ramps and all can also 'kneel down' at bus stops. There is room for buggies and shopping trolleys and buses can carry one wheelchair.
Wroughton Park and Ride is not suitable for large vehicles such as motorhomes, caravans or lorries due to the height barrier which is set at 6'10" (2.1m).
Wroughton Park Ride
This site has 670 spaces, including 16 disabled parking spaces.
Service 11 for Old Town and Swindon town centre
The bus stops at a number of locations, including:
- Old Town - Prospect (top of Victoria Road)
- Fleming Way Bus Stop V (opposite Debenhams)
- Adult single: £2.10
- Young person single: £1.60 (age 5 to 19 inclusive)
- There are no return fares on this service
- DayRider and TravelPass tickets are available on this service
- Timetable available via Swindon's Bus Company website
Service to the Swindon Designer Outlet and STEAM Museum – weekends in December only
This service runs non-stop between the Wroughton Park and Ride site and the Swindon Designer Outlet Centre bus stop on Penzance Drive for all weekends in December 2018.
The bus stop on Penzance Drive is approximately 120 metres from the west entrance to the Swindon Designer Outlet Centre on Rodbourne Road.
This service is operated by Stagecoach West and there are no other stops served on route.
McArthurGlen is offering all users of public transport who visit the Swindon Designer Outlet Centre at weekends, up to Sunday, 23 December 2018, a Fashion Passport, giving you 10% off at participating stores. To obtain a Fashion Passport, please present your dated bus ticket to the Guest Services team at the north entrance.
- £2 per carload of passengers for a return journey
- Cash and contactless card payments are accepted on board
A direct service will run every 20 minutes from 9.00am until 7.00pm. Returning services will depart the Designer Outlet Centre every 20 minutes from 9.20am until 7.20pm.
The Park and Ride car park is open from 6.45am to 7.15pm from Monday to Friday, 6.45am to 7.55pm on Saturday and between 8.15am and 7.55pm on Sundays in December 2018. This facility is closed on bank holidays.
A fee of £60 is charged to release a car outside opening hours.
Service 11 is provided by Swindon's Bus Company, with certain journeys provided with financial support from Swindon Borough Council. Stagecoach West is running the Park and Ride to the Swindon Designer Outlet Centre bus stop on Penzance Drive at weekends only in December 2018. This service is being operated on behalf of Swindon Borough Council and McArthurGlen.
For further information or to contact us, call the numbers below:
- Service 11 - Swindon's Bus Company: 01793 428428
- Christmas Park and Ride - Stagecoach West: 01452 418630
- Swindon Borough Council (as owner of the Wroughton Park and Ride site): 01793 445500