Park and Ride
Why Park and Ride
Some of the route uses bus lanes and there are other bus priority measures to speed the journey.
You avoid the stress of traffic congestion and looking for parking places.
Huge savings on long stay car parking charges can be made.
Location of Park and Ride
You leave your car (or cycle) free of charge and travel on a frequent, modern and comfortable bus into the heart of Swindon. There are many good reasons to do this:
Parking is free (you only pay for the bus fare) and the site has CCTV, waiting rooms and toilets.
Covered accommodation is provided for cycles.
The buses are designed to allow easy access. They have ramps and all can also 'kneel down' at bus stops. There’s room for buggies and shopping trolleys and buses can carry one wheelchair.
Wroughton Park Ride - Service 11
This site has 670 spaces, including 16 disabled parking spaces.
Where the Bus Stops
The bus stops at a number of locations, including:
- Old Town - Prospect (top of Victoria Road)
- Fleming Way Bus Stop V (opposite Debenhams)
- Adult single: £2.10
- Young Person single: £1.60 (age 5 to 19 inclusive)
- There are no return fares on this service
- Exact fare please - no change given
- DayRider and TravelPass tickets are available on this service
- Timetable please see the Thamesdown Transport website.
The Park & Ride car park is open 6.45am-7.15pm, Monday to Saturday (except bank holidays).
A fee of £60 is charged to release a car between 7.15pm and 6:45am.
The service is provided by Thamesdown Transport, with certain journeys provided with financial support from Swindon Borough Council.
Please phone Thamesdown Transport on 01793 428428.