Park and Ride
Why Park and Ride
- Some of the route uses bus lanes and there are other bus priority measures to speed the journey
- You avoid the stress of traffic congestion and looking for parking places
- Huge savings on long stay car parking charges can be made
- Travel on a frequent, modern and comfortable bus into the heart of Swindon
- Parking is free so you only pay for the bus fare
- The site has CCTV, waiting rooms and toilets.
Location of Park and Ride
Covered accommodation is provided for cycles.
The buses are designed to allow easy access. They have ramps and all can also 'kneel down' at bus stops. There is room for buggies and shopping trolleys and buses can carry one wheelchair.
Wroughton Park and Ride is not suitable for large vehicles such as motorhomes, caravans or lorries due to the height barrier which is set at 6'10" (2.1m).
Wroughton Park Ride - Service 11
This site has 670 spaces, including 16 disabled parking spaces.
Where the bus stops
The bus stops at a number of locations, including:
- Old Town - Prospect (top of Victoria Road)
- Fleming Way Bus Stop V (opposite Debenhams)
- Adult single: £2.10
- Young person single: £1.60 (age 5 to 19 inclusive)
- There are no return fares on this service
- DayRider and TravelPass tickets are available on this service
- Timetable available via Swindon's Bus Company website.
The Park & Ride car park is open from 6.45am to 7.15pm, Monday to Saturday (except bank holidays).
A fee of £60 is charged to release a car between 7.15pm and 6:45am.
The service is provided by Swindon's Bus Company, with certain journeys provided with financial support from Swindon Borough Council.
For further information or to contact us, call the numbers below:
- Bus Service: Swindon's Bus Company, 01793 428428
- Park and Ride: Swindon Borough Council, 01793 445500