Concessionary bus pass and travel vouchers
Apply for a bus pass or travel vouchers
You can apply for a bus pass or travel vouchers depending on your age, disability or requirements. Before you apply, check that you are eligible and make sure you have the supporting documents you need.
You can also apply for a companion pass while making your application.
Who can apply
You must live in the borough of Swindon. You can check which council area you live in.
You can apply if any one of the following applies to you. You are:
- a woman of state pension age
- a man of the state pension age for women
- blind or partially sighted
- profoundly or severely deaf
- unable to speak
- unable to walk for the long term
- unable to use both arms or do not have arms
- severely disabled
- suffering from a learning disability
- not able to get driving licence for medical reasons
For an age-related bus pass, you can apply 21 days before you reach the state pension age for women.
What you'll need
You need to scan and upload these documents to support your online application:
- Passport style photograph
- Proof of address
- Proof of age
- Proof of disability (if applicable)
Check the list of valid documents before you apply. We do not reimburse any costs involved in proving your eligibility.
Passport style photograph:
- A scan of a printed photo or a digital photo. See rules for passport photos on GOV.UK.
Proof of address:
- This year’s Council Tax bill
- Your driving licence
- A recent utility bill in your name (for example, gas, electricity or landline telephone)
Proof of age:
- Birth certificate
- Other official documentary evidence
Proof of disability:
- Certificate of vision impairment
- Blue Badge
- Statement of Higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance
- Statement of Personal Independence Payment (eight points or more moving around or communicating verbally)
- Statement of War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement
- NHS certificate of epilepsy
- Letter from DVLA stating that you are unable to drive
If you do not have any of these documents, you can download a disability evidence form. You will need to get it stamped by a social worker, carer or GP. You can then scan and upload the stamped document as the proof of your disability in your online application.
We will send your pass or vouchers in the post within 15 working days of the date of your application.