Concessionary bus pass and travel vouchers
Get a concessionary bus pass or travel vouchers
There are two options for getting help with the cost of transport for permanent residents in the borough:
- English National Concessionary Bus Pass
- Travel Voucher Scheme
Read the following document for information about who qualifies for these options and how to prove your entitlement:
You should read this guidance carefully before you make an application. We are not liable to reimburse any costs incurred from applicants in proving entitlement.
How to apply
You can use our online application form to apply for your bus pass or travel vouchers.
Alternatively, download and complete the relevant form below:
- Concessionary travel application form (PDF)
- Concessionary travel application form (blind persons) (PDF)
Once you have completed the application form, take it to our customer services desk in Wat Tyler House, Beckhampton Street. You do not need to bring a passport photograph.
Alternatively, or send your completed application form and passport-sized photograph (head and shoulders shot) to:
Concessionary Travel Office
Notes about your application
- We will only accept age-based applications, whether online, by post or in person, up to a maximum of 21 days before the date you become eligible for a bus pass.
- If you apply in person at Wat Tyler House, you will need to bring your proof of entitlement. We will take your photograph free of charge, order your pass and send it to your home address.
- If you apply online or by post, we will let you know when your pass is available to collect in person. You will need to show your proof of entitlement when you collect your pass.
- The information you provide in this application is subject to the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
- We keep a copy of all concessionary pass holders’ photographs. This enables us to print future passes.
- You can update photographs by e-mail or in person at Wat Tyler House as required.
How to collect your pass
If you apply online or by post, we will contact you when your pass is ready to collect. You will need to collect it in personand provide your proof of entitlement. See the concessionary travel information leaflet (PDF) for details of how to provide proof.
You need to let us know if you are not able to collect your pass within 14 days of us contacting you. Otherwise, we will cancel your pass and you will need to reapply.