COVID-19 - Reopening our libraries
We are restarting library services in a phased process. The phased restart will make sure we operate in line with Government guidance, and that you and our staff are safe at all times.
Click, Call and Collect service
Click, Call and Collect is available at Central, North Swindon, West Swindon, Highworth and Park libraries, allowing customers to reserve books online or by telephone on (01793) 463238.
Find out more: Click, Call and Collect service
'Quick Choice' browsing sessions
For information on your local community library, not managed by Swindon Borough Council, visit our location and opening hours webpage and select your local library.
Services not currently available
During the phased reopening period, several library facilities and services remain unavailable. These are:
- Face-to-face enquiries
- Customer toilets and baby changing facilities
- Studying in the library
- Events, meetings or activities
- Story Times and Rhyme Times (these are online only
- Face-to-face Local Studies enquiries (the Local Studies team will continue with an email-only service: email@example.com)
Online services available to our library members
We have improved our already extensive digital offer to make sure residents can continue enjoying library services.
- Our new instant digital membership system, providing residents a faster and easier way to become library members
- An expanded range of eResources giving you free access to premium websites
- An increased and improved selection of eBooks, eMagazines and eNewspapers
- For the first time, a range of eComics are now available
- A series of regular online story times are now shared on YouTube and Facebook