COVID-19 - Reopening our libraries
Click, Call and Collect service
Our Click, Call and Collect service allows customers to reserve books online or by phone. It is available at Central Library, Highworth Library, North Swindon Library, Park Library and West Swindon Library.
Find out more: Click, Call and Collect service
Quick Choice browsing sessions
'Quick Choice' offers customers the opportunity to browse a reduced selection of stock and choose books.
Quick Choice browsing sessions are for a maximum of 30 minutes and do not need to be pre-booked..
Find out more: 'Quick Choice' browsing sessions
A limited number of public network computers are available at each core library. You can use a computer for a pre-booked 45-minute slot.
Find out more: Computer sessions
The Library Shop is again offering a 'Shop, Select and Collect' service.
Alternatively, you can phone the Library Shop on 07813 721158 between:
- 10.00am and 12.00pm on Mondays
- 11.00am and 1.00pm on Wednesdays
- 2.00pm and 4.00pm on Thursdays
You can then collect your order during Central Library opening hours.
For information on your local community library, not managed by Swindon Borough Council, visit our location and opening hours webpage and select your local library.
Services not currently available
During the phased reopening period, several library facilities and services remain unavailable. These are:
- Face-to-face enquiries
- Customer toilets and baby changing facilities
- Studying in the library
- Events, meetings or activities
- Story Times and Rhyme Times (these are online only
- Face-to-face Local Studies enquiries (the Local Studies team will continue with an email-only service: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Job clubs and universal credit support
Online services available to our library members
We have improved our already extensive digital offer to make sure residents can continue enjoying library services.
- Our new instant digital membership system, providing residents a faster and easier way to become library members
- An expanded range of eResources giving you free access to premium websites
- An increased and improved selection of eBooks, eMagazines and eNewspapers
- For the first time, a range of eComics are now available
- A series of regular online story times are now shared on YouTube and Facebook