COVID-19 - Reopening our libraries
Public network computers are available at each of the five core libraries. Members can use a computer for a 2 hour slot per day.
Find out more: Computer sessions
The Library Shop is open during Central Library’s opening hours. This includes Barnes Coaches day trip bookings however, please note, we can only take payment by card at this time.
Visit our library shop blog for information about our range of gifts and books.
For information on your local community library, not managed by Swindon Borough Council, visit our location and opening hours webpage and select your local library.
Job seeker and universal credit support sessions
Job Seeker and Universal Credit support sessions take place every Friday from 10.00am to 1.00pm at Central Library.
Sessions take place at 10.00am, 11.00am, and 12.00noon. Booking is advised by calling Central Library on 01793 463238 during opening hours.
Online services available to our library members
We have improved our already extensive digital offer to make sure residents can continue enjoying library services.
- Our new instant digital membership system, providing residents a faster and easier way to become library members
- An expanded range of eResources giving you free access to premium websites
- An increased and improved selection of eBooks, eMagazines and eNewspapers
- For the first time, a range of eComics are now available
- A series of regular online story times are now shared on YouTube and Facebook